BPW NZ, Programme Convenor
Membership: 1991 to present
Committee: 1993 to 1995
Vice President: 1996
President: 2004 to 2006
BPW NZ Federation
Programme Convenor: 2007 to 2009
- Mentoring programme
- Keys to Achievement
Professional & Personal Insight:
- Trained nurse, author, journalist, entrepreneur, priest, counsellor and motivator.
- Frequent motivational speaker, both locally and internationally – in London, USA, Dublin and at conferences with the World Federation for Mental Health.
- Her businesses includes Positive Living Promotions Inc; empowerment workshops and Highwise Leadership Retreats for
- Ordained Anglican priest by Bishop Paul Reeves in 1979 on Otiria Marae which was a significant woman’s achievement.
- Chaplain to the Whangarei Police; leads Community groups, and travels with the International Friendship Force.
Gwendolyn Needham – Her story:
- Business and Professional Women was always an appealing title for a ‘Club’ for a woman who milked cows with her husband on their farm at Towai, Northland, and lived the small community lifestyle.
- During ‘non-continuous’ membership over 18 years:
Considered attending the dinner meetings at BPW Whangarei Club a treat which put her in touch with a world she admired and respected
Participated on the club committee, was Vice President
Due to low attendances in 2004 threatening the Club’s recess, Gwendolyn accepted the role of Presidency ‘for one year only’ to experiment with new approaches. The results the club received:
¨ Harrison-Lee Membership Award for greatest member increase in 2006 – a healthy 35.
- National and International representation:
Keynote speaker at BPW NZ Conferences in Tauranga and Auckland
Keynote speaker at BPW NZ President’s Forums
Presented communications seminars at Regional meetings in Wellington, Central Hawkes Bay and Northland
Was a NZ delegate at the BPW World Congress, Mexico City, 2008.
Gwendolyn ”warmly recommends BPW for its’ breadth of involvements and friendships offered.”