Membership: 1988 to present
President: 2005 to 2006
Committee: (mentoring) Present
BPW NZ Federation
1st Vice President: 2007
2nd Vice President: 2008 to present
Professional & Personal Insight:
- Barbara has a background in Primary Teaching.
- Has served on school Boards of Trustees while her family were school aged and has been involved in a wide range of committee work over the years.
- Barbara supported her husband while he was Mayor of Gisborne District Council for 12 years from 1989-2001. As Mayoress she had huge community involvement, acting as Patroness for a wide range of groups and organizations. This very public role enabled her to meet people from all over the world as well.
- Barbara has a long association with Children’s Health Camps, initially at a local level and then becoming a member of the National Board in 1998.
- She is also Secretary for the Children’s Health Camp Charitable Trust.
- In 2004 she was elected to the Tairawhiti District Health Board and is the current Chair of the Hospital Advisory
- Barbara also chairs the SunnyDay Trust which provides transport for the Elderly and Disabled in the Gisborne city area.
Barbara Clarke – Her Story:
- As a member of BPW Gisborne:
Has served on the Club Executive, was President from 2005-06 and remains on the executive in a mentoring role
Barbara was part of the team responsible for the successful Gisborne club 50th Jubilee celebrations in 2007.
- At National level:
2007 Barbara was elected as 1st Vice President of BPW NZ, her portfolio dealing with Issues
currently serving as 2nd Vice President with the portfolio of Members. Currently working on developing 3 new clubs.