In 2000 I graduate with an MSc in Bioprocess Engineering from Wageningan University and Research Centre in the Netherlands. I have made a career within the Dairy Industry, first within Research and Development and later within Operations. During the different positions I have held in the Netherlands, USA and New Zealand I have gained a lot of project management and people management experience as well as international working experience. My leadership training courses and workshop for further personal development as well as several technical courses and the chance to achieve a six sigma green belt certification from the Motorola University in the USA.
Currently I am employed by DMV-Fonterra Excipients as site manager in Kapuni, Taranaki. I look after a team of twelve employees as well as a big part of our NZ business relations for my company which is based in Germany.
I have been a member of BPW Hawera since mid-2009
I really enjoyed the monthly meetings with guest speakers and the interaction with the other women of the club. In October 2009 I joined the Hawera Club executive an during conference 2010 I put my hand up for the role of Young BPW convenor for New Zealand. I am really enjoying the interaction with the executive and I would like to continue in this role as well as pick up some of the pieces of the marketing convenor role in case this position stays vacant.
- Vice President membership and Development since October 2009
- Young BOW Convenor since October 2009
- Young BPW Convenor since April 2010
BPW Related Achievements
- Increase in membership from seventeen (measure at conference 2010) to be a forecasted membership of thirty. By April 2011.
- 30% of Hawera members were Young BPW on 1 January 2011
- 30% from all Young BPW NZ members are Hawera members
- Implementation of guest feedback form, member profile form, member pack.
- Introduction of KTA with four members starting off in 2010
- Establishing proper documentation of our club activities.
- Active participation in club activities
- Article in South Taranaki newspaper regarding KTA introduction.
- Send out Quarterly newsletters to our Young BPW NZ members
- Updated the Young BPW NZ membership list
- Created, performed and reported a Young BPW survey
- Prepared and send out a marketing proposal to clubs
- Given workshop on membership the Central Region regional meeting
- Given a presentation on Young BPW / membership during Oceania meeting.