BPW Upper Hutt
Membership: 1989 to current
Professional & Personal Insight:
- Heather runs a national fundraising consulting firm, and employs four local women.
- After gaining confidence in public speaking and presentations through BPW Heather stood for local Council in 1989, being the youngest councillor then elected. She is still on the Upper Hutt Council and has served two trienniums as chairman of the policy and finance committee.
Heather Newell – Her story:
- Participated in many activities from “think global, act local” workshops through to “returning to the
- Involved in organising the club’s 20th birthday.
- Attended a number of BPW conferences in Greymouth, Christchurch, Tauranga, Wellington, Taupo, Whangarei and Invercargill.
- On organising committee of the Wellington conference some years ago.
- Heather never misses an opportunity to promote BPW Upper Hutt.